ACE Learning Centers provides alternative education programs for middle and high school students who have dropped out or who are at risk of dropping out of school. A flexible schedule with morning, afternoon, and in some cases, evening sessions, means students don’t have to choose between life and school.
ACE Learning offers academic, social and behavioral support so that students earn their high school diplomas and are prepared to make positive choices about the future.
ACE Learning’s alternative education and dropout recovery programs help communities combat the staggering social and economic costs of high dropout rates. For almost 20 years, ACE Learning Centers has educated more than 155,000 at-risk students and students who have previously dropped out – and introduced them to all the opportunities a real high school diploma provides.
ACE Learning utilizes a number of research-based curriculum resources to deliver its instructional model. Initial and ongoing teacher-led instruction is tailored to ensure each student earns the necessary credits to arrive at graduation in accordance with his or her success plan. ACE Learning’s rigorous and relevant academic programs are accredited by AdvancED and aligned to Common Core and state-specific standards.
ACE Learning Centers is part of ChanceLight® Behavioral Health, Therapy & Education, the nation’s leading provider of behavioral health and education solutions for children and young adults. ChanceLight changes the direction of children’s lives by offering them the opportunity to create successful, independent futures.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
ACE Learning teachers have a special passion for working with students who are at risk. They love knowing they make a real difference in the lives of young people who may not otherwise graduate from high school. With a low student-instructor ratio, ACE Learning teachers help students remain focused, motivated and engaged in learning.
Our blended learning approach is differentiated and personalized, and includes enrichment, teacher-led instruction and small group collaboration. Because each education program is tailored to meet the specific needs of the student, ACE Learning instructors give every student focused attention.
ACE Learning teachers inspire and guide students to make good choices about their academic progress, their attendance and their behaviors. They receive the materials, supplies and administrative support they need to be effective educators. Our teachers know they make an impact.
ACE Learning teachers work for a dynamic company that provides a true career path, with opportunities to learn, grow and advance professionally to become learning center directors, operations managers overseeing multiple learning centers and assistant vice presidents with responsibility for multiple regions in a territory.
QUALITY OF LIFE
ACE Learning teachers share responsibilities with a team in small learning communities. They are not required to supervise after-school clubs or other activities.
- A bachelor’s degree
- State teacher certification
- Experience teaching middle or high school
- Strong motivational and communication skills
- Organizational and basic computer skills
- The ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- A genuine commitment to working with young people
Full time employees regularly scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week are eligible for company paid group life, long term disability and an employee assistance program. Optional benefits available to full time employees include:
- Medical Coverage- the company offers two different medical plans, a traditional medical PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) and a Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP), both plans have an extensive network of qualified providers across the country. The company makes a significant contribution towards the cost of medical coverage.
- Health Saving Account with Employer Contribution (available with enrollment in CDHP)
- Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Program
- Supplemental Life/ AD&D and Short Term Disability are also available at group rates.
- A generous paid leave plan is available for employees who meet the eligibility requirements as defined by the program in which they work. In addition, the company provides a matching contribution to its 401(k) Retirement plan.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACE Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees in all aspects of employment. We recruit, hire, train and promote without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.
ACE Learning values America’s servicemen and women and offers employment opportunities to current and former members of the military and their families.